Just like that I have mounted the GoPro Session to my 215 Hopper. Having a 3D printer on hand is really cool!
There was some delay between coming up with the design and printing it as I managed to break the printers glass build plate, my parts were sticking too well. Previously I was using the glue stick approach for 1st layer adhesion but I suspect I may have been a bit heavy handed with the application.
After replacing the glass I decided to try acetone/ABS slurry applied to the bed and have been very pleased with the results. Applying it is simply a matter of squirting a couple of milliliters of acetone on to the bed and then swirling a failed print (preferably of the same colour) around in it until it starts to become tacky. I’ve noticed a couple of advantages to this process. Firstly the surface quality of the bottom is as smooth and polished as the glass. Secondly, and more importantly, as the bed cools the part almost completely separates itself. Only the slightest twist or push is required to remove it. Further cleanup of the bed is not required unless you intend to change colour as the next application of acetone will simply absorb anything left behind.
The concern I had about prop. clearance to the straps on the side has proven not to be an issue.
I’ve not had a chance to fly with it in place yet so I’m not really sure what sort of result I am going to get with hard mounting and the 20° angle but when I do the footage will be here.